Saturday, April 5, 2014

... And Then They Leave

I have not been posting as much as I should, but life and work gets in the way. I haven't even been knitting as much as I would like.

It is such a shame that you spend all your time raising your children to be independent and self-sufficient, and then they leave you! My oldest son Lorne moved to Los Angeles this week to follow his dream. He has a degree in film editing and there just isn't enough work here in Colorado for him. Although he hasn't lived at home for years, he has at least been in the same state. He stayed with us the last couple of months so he wouldn't have to renew his apartment lease, so we got to spend lots of time together. It only makes this worse because he is a delightful, fun and a comfort to be with. Ken and I will miss him greatly. Thank goodness for Skype.

And another thing -- how I am supposed to make hats and woolly slippers for someone who lives in sunny California? I guess I'll have to make him socks.  (Speaking of socks, I designed and finished a pair of pink socks that I will posting the pattern for tomorrow. Stay tuned)

On a knitting note, I am working on a sweater in a navy blue yarn. I have frogged it twice before I found a pattern I liked. That probably means I would have had a finished sweater twice over had I kept at it. However, the weather will be unsettled today and I feel an overwhelming need to make a hat. So I think I will put my sweater aside for today and make a hat. I have a creamy sky blue DK yarn I am itching to cast on.

Back to the needles.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better: I live on Vancouver Island, BC. My son moved to Vancouver to continue his education just before his 18th birthday. He married and moved to Alberta where they provided me with 3 grandchildren I rarely get to see. :o( Now they are in Nova Scotia. He calls me on my birthday and Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete